Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Garrett's 5th Birthday Bash

On Sunday, our friends and family joined us to celebrate Garrett's 5th Birthday.  We rented a local hall as our house is ready to burst when 35+ people gather within in it (or the kiddos are not free to run and play as they wish...either way).  The food was great (Taco Bar), the company was awesome, and Garrett had a wonderful time!  The party (in a few) photos....


Garrett is BIG on Super Mario Bros. right now so we ran with that as our theme.  Typically, my mom makes the birthday cakes in these parts; however, she has a lot on her plate right now.  I baked cupcakes and the birthday boy was pretty pleased (he did question where his cake was from Mammy...thankfully, I had purchased him a dirt bike cake for his actual birthday...I reminded him of that and all was well).  As it would turn out, frosting and I are not friends.  The botched job I did decorating the cupcakes does not do his cupcake toppers justice.  I wish I could take credit for the toppers; however, for the sake of time (and Mommy's sanity) I ordered them off Etsy. 


The birthday boy in front of his cupcakes...


It's Mario and Luigi at the kiddie table...

I found Super Mario Bros water bottles and thought they would make a perfect party favor for the kids attending the party!
 

We bought him a Nintendo DS for his birthday and he LOVED the dirt bike game Aunt Wesilee and the boys bought him.  His face says it all!

Make a wish...



This is 100% Garrett!  We have learned that you never know what Garrett will do while we sing to him at his party.  At his 1st and 2nd b-day, he cried.  Along came his 3rd and he threw himself to the floor.  During his 4th, he somewhat pouted.  This year, he gave us all the shy, smirk, stop all the fuss (though I really like it) Garrett face.


Thank you to everyone who joined us to celebrate Garrett's birthday!  We are blessed with very loving family and friends...we are oh so appreciative!

3 comments:

mustangkayla said...

Great photos! Glad it went well!

Misty said...

Happy Birthday, Garrett! What a great looking party!

KariAnnS said...

Bennet is totally into Mario Kart right now too. I showed her the post and she wants this for her birthday- which was last month :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails