Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's My Birthday! I Can Do Whatever I Want!

Garrett's 5th Birthday has come and gone and as of 4:16pm yesterday he is 5 years old!!!  I am still shaking my head in disbelief.  Yesterday, our celebration was low-key as his party is a few weekends away and most of our extended family is sick.

The birthday boy requested pancakes and sausage for breakfast (as they all do) and was happily served the first pancakes off the griddle.  I heard him proclaim (often) throughout the day, "It's my birthday!  I can do whatever I want!".  Gotta love him!




For the second year in a row, we went sledding on the night of Garrett's birthday.  The boys (ahem, and us!) just love this form of cheap entertainment!  Eric did not get home from work as soon as we had hoped, so mama did not get many stellar photos (it was dark!).  Here is our birthday boy before heading off down the hill, though!


Upon returning home from sledding we enjoyed some pizza (the birthday boy's request), cake, and ice cream.  He wanted a dirt bike cake and this mama does not do cakes.  He was more than pleased with the cake I had made featuring a dirt trail.  We added a Lego dirt bike atop the cake and it was pure perfection!


Sure thing, a second dirt bike was added to the cake as well...FYI that is Garrett riding in front of Parker!  It is his birthday after all.  Do you notice that he now has two missing teeth?  The tooth fairy came (again) on his birthday! 


Make a wish...


He opened up his gifts from us as well.  I think the expression on his face says it all...he was pretty stoked about receiving his own DS (and no longer having to share Parker's!).

Love you, Garrett!  I hope your birthday was as special as you are!

1 comment:

~jan said...

Looks like you had a super birthday, Garrett! Love your cake!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails