Monday, November 8, 2010

Tooth Fairy Pillows

The topic of losing teeth is a hot one around our house.  Parker has now lost two and Garrett has his first loose one.  The race is on to see who can lose more!  When Parker was younger, my Mother-in-Law bought him a kit to make a cute tooth pillow when he began losing his baby teeth.  I am clueless as to where it ended up. 

While browsing Etsy a few weeks ago, I did a search for tooth fairy pillow.  Holy cuteness!  The pillows themselves varied in both design and prices.  I found them ranging in price from $4 to $30!  Add in the cost of shipping and I knew I could construct a few pillows myself.  Cheaper!


I had endless amounts of ribbon, buttons, and embroidery floss on hand.  I picked up some sheets of felt (on sale), poly-fil, and a few appliques (again, on sale) and it was time to get to work. 



Garrett's finished tooth fairy pillow...his favorite color is blue and I think the little robot is adorable.  I am not thrilled with the button placement (felt tends to stretch some), but overall I am happy with the end result.  I love that he can hang it outside his door or on his bedpost.  Let's be real...some kids may not be thrilled with an unknown fairy coming into their room at night;)


Parker's pillow...number two.  The first one I did found itself in Ryder's hands.  Enough said.  I am digging the purple, green, and black color combo!  Parker is a fan as well! 


On the back of the pillow I put a little pocket for the lost tooth.  In return, the fairy can leave a few coins or rolled up bill in it's place. 

My sewing machine and I are on the outs.  The tension on it has been giving me problem for months.  I need to have someone look at it.  Therefore, this was a no sew project (outside of the buttons).  I used fabric glue and it worked like a charm.  The plan was to hand stitch the outer edges, but to save time I cheated

Bring on the tooth fairy...we are ready!

5 comments:

The Stephens Family said...

Those pillows are stinking adorable! I wish I knew how to do stuff like that! What a crafty mommy you are!

mustangkayla said...

Those are cute!

stephanie said...

Super cute! I may make one for the two little girls!

Shanna said...

Love them! Thanks for the idea!!

~jan said...

Those pillows are so adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails