Thursday, May 27, 2010

Art Show 2010

Our local elementary school, RC Waters, hosted their annual art show on May 12th. Together, as a family of six, we walked the halls viewing the masterpieces that surrounded us. Ceramic bells, created by first graders, hung from the ceiling. Plaster gauze masks, crafted by fifth graders, were proudly displayed in the main entrance. I vividly recall my own mask, skillfully constructed during my final year in attendance at RC Waters. My unique black and orange creation received Best of Show that year. Years later, as a parent, I carefully put back together a puffer fish who had suffered an untimely demise at the hands of his/her owner (unknown to me) the night before the show.

Eric and I were surprised by the shear number of pieces displayed by each student. Truthfully, we expected to recognize two or perhaps three articles created by Parker. However, each student had closer to ten creations exhibited throughout the building.

Here is a sample of Parker's work throughout this past year...








Parker was blessed with a wonderful Art teacher this year. Indeed, I am a former student of hers as well. Sadly, Mrs. Noggle is retiring at the end of this year. We wish her the best of luck and thank her for a great year!

1 comment:

~jan said...

Parker has inherited his momma's talent for sure! Great job, buddy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails