Monday, December 21, 2009

Sucker for Stockings...

I LOVE stockings...they are (and always have been) my favorite part of Christmas morning. Growing up I always insisted upon opening our stockings first. I loved the small treasures my stocking always held...body sprays, jewelry, make up, candy, small photo albums, Christmas ornaments, and always fresh fruit. When I was old enough to help "play Santa" I loved seeking out treasures for my brothers' stockings (as well as my parents). I recall one Christmas, Mom and I shopping for stocking stuffers (at the last minute) purely from the local grocery store. Everyone was delighted with the cans of sardines, jars of salsa, beef jerky, and Spam they received. Seriously, as I think of the fun my mom and I had during that shopping adventure I start to tear up. We laughed so hard making our way through the store that year.

I believe I was in Junior High when my maternal grandparents shared with me they never had stockings growing up. I was appalled! That Christmas I presented them with a HUGE stocking (that played music ta-boot!).

Now, with children of my own, I still insist we open stockings first. I find great joy in seeking out small trinkets, candy, holiday hot wheels, new toothbrushes, and such each Christmas. Maybe this year one of the boys will strike it rich, as I bought them scratch off lottery tickets for the first time;)

A few years ago, GG Sammy (Eric's grandmother), sent us beautiful stockings for Parker, Garrett, and a "blank" one for the unborn Ryder. I just love them...




A few weeks ago, GG Sammy had this one sent to the house as well...


I hope Hudson comes out looking like...well, a "Hudson". It is now official as his name is on a stocking!

4 comments:

stephanie said...

Those are really neat. I love stockings too and usually end up getting them on the 24th. I have misplaced them since the move though and need to be creative...

Sara said...

So beautiful! I love that she sent you a stocking for Hudson. That's just adorable. :)

mustangkayla said...

Love your stockings! Love how you had fruit in yours as a kid. I asked my mom last year if she could just fill mine with fruit. I was pregnant and craving fruit big time. She just laughed at me.

I cross-stitched a stocking for my hubby. Took me two years and the toe points the opposite way as the other stocking. I was sssooo mad! lol...I hope to get matching stockings next year!

Huzaifa said...

so good for stockings dear. hope you will be having the same in coming days of x-mas.. tk care

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails