Thursday, March 13, 2008

Messy Belly=Yucky Baby

Earlier today I was watching A Baby Story on TV while the boys were playing in the same room. The mother on the show gave birth to a boy and as we adults know he was covered in blood and such upon delivery. An entertaining conversation between Parker and myself then followed.

Parker: Mommy, why is that baby so yucky?

Me: Honey, all babies are "yucky" when they are first born. You and Garrett were both "yucky" too, but now you are clean (OK...this may be stretching the truth sometimes).

Parker: Mommy, but why are babies yucky?

Me: Hmmmmmm (this is me stalling...not quite sure what to tell my 4 year old son)???

Parker: Well, is it because your belly is messy (this is my 4 year old providing a better answer than I could give)?

Me: Yes, you are right Parker. My belly is messy inside.

On the television they are now showing the newborn clean, swaddled, and nestled in his mother's arms.

Me: Parker, see the baby is all clean now. Our new baby will be cleaned off too.

Parker: Mommy, I like dirty babies!

With that I was laughing and realized I was not about to "win" this conversation:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails