Saturday, August 4, 2007

Better Luck Next Time?!

OK...we managed to pack everything in the car for our camping trip. We left yesterday around 5pm and we were back home after 1am early this morning.

It was our first time attemtping tent camping with the boys in tow. Thankfully we chose a campground within 30 minutes of our home.

We arrived at the campground and set up our site. The boys were having fun...laughing, helping set up, and getting dirty. Garrett did manage to get a boo boo on his head within the first 20 minutes of us being there (he tripped coming out of the tent and his head hit one of the stroller wheels)...poor little guy!

We then headed out for a walk. We discovered the playground where the boys had a blast on the slide and such. Parker guided us on a nature walk through the "woods"...fun!

Eric and Garrett went in search of wood for the campfire and Garrett arrived back to the site exhausted. It was after 9pm and for our little Baby G that is late! Garrett said his "good nights" and I took him into the tent, laid down with him, and hoped he would fall asleep.

While laying there with Garrett I realized how much I love my life, my boys, and my husband. As I looked into Garrett's eyes I could tell he was scared...new sights and new sounds. He snuggled so close to me and I rubbed his little back. As we were laying there I could hear Eric and Parker outside the tent...working hard to get the campfire going. They talked as they worked and I will not repeat their "father-son" conversation, but I was in heaven rubbing Baby G's back and listening to Eric and Parker.

Eventually Garrett fell asleep and I joined Eric and Parker around the fire. Parker had learned so much from Eric and he proudly made me a smore HIMSELF!

Parker proclaimed he was "pooped and ready for bed" around 10:30...GREAT we thought. What followed was somewhat of a disaster!

Garrett woke up (with a poopy diaper of course), Parker refused to sleep in the tent, and both boys began crying, yelling, jumping/running around. It was after midnight when Eric and I decided to venture home (for everyone's sanity).

We packed up most of our belongings and headed back home. The boys were asleep in the car before we left the campground (figures!).

We paid for 2 nights of camping...Eric and I are headed back to East Harbor later today to meet up with Steve and Jenny. As for the boys...they will be spoiled by Mammy (my mom) this evening.


Better luck next time, right?!!!!

1 comment:

Raising Jenna said...

Sounds like they had fun, though, with setting up and the campfire :) Sorry you didn't make it through the night. Russ still wonders if Jenna (4) is ready to tackle camping. Bravo to you for giving the children these memories.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails