Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Today

After months of feeling not an ounce of creativity or desire to scrap, I have (finally) gotten by the scrappy bug again.  It feels great to chip away on getting our stories on paper again.  It is rare for me to pay sole attention to one boys' album as I like to hip hop all over towards photos that grab my attention.  However, over the last week I have been paying special attention to Parker's stories.  Ideally, I would like to be caught up on each boys' albums when they graduate (from high school) and little mister Professor Parker will be leading the way.  True, I have years till he graduates...ahem, but I also have four kids! 
I ADORE this photo of Parker!  I cannot believe how much he has changed since it was taken in November 2010. 


Overall, I kept the layout super simple.  I did crinkle the punched circles for a little more texture (hard to tell in the photo...boo).  I mainly used Echo Park supplies, but the alphas are by October Afternoon. 

 Journaling reads:  Parker, it is hard to believe you are a few months shy of turning seven years old!  Cliche, yes....however, where has the time gone?  You are breezing through the first grade and ever so quickly becoming a fluent reader.  Your friends are becoming key people in your life as you take great value in their ideas.  Now, the oldest of four boys, I expect great things of you.  To be a leader...set a great example...always do your best...and provide help when needed.  Your energy, knowledge, skills, and enthusiasm never ceases to amaze me.  Your dad and I are so very proud of you...today, tomorrow, and always!  11/2010 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! I wish I had the scrappy bug! (Instead I have the throw all the pictures in a shoebox and forget about them bug!).

Shelly :)

Melonie said...

Totally in love with every last inch of this page...from the adorable photo of Mr Parker to the colors to the simple but wonderful design....I JUST LOVE IT!!! SO happy to see you scrapping again:)

mustangkayla said...

Yay for catching a scrappy bug! ADORABLE layout!

~jan said...

Parker is one handsome dude (and yes they grow up way too fast!) and this layout is fabulous!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails