Friday, August 13, 2010

Inspired

Outside of being super sweet, one of the traits I admire about Kayla, is her willingness to try new techniques and change things up with her scrapbook layouts. Such is not the case when it comes to my layouts; however, Kayla has inspired me to step out of my box. Recently a layout that was published in Scrapbooks, Etc. caught my eye. I really liked the design (and simplicity) despite it not being me. I took a deep breath and scrap lifted previously mentioned layout. Enter...

Overall, I am pretty happy with the look of this layout documenting Parker's last T-ball game of the 2010 season. I used American Crafts Junior line, some brads, and you guessed it...Doodlebug Alphas;0

The super talented KariAnn has lead me to join the community over at Scrapfreak. While the past two weeks have been chaotic, I have logged in a handful of times to get inspired (it appears to be an active community...and fun!). Scrapfreak has an awesome sketch posted to get your creative juices flowing...


Here is what I came up with...

Simply put...I LOVE THIS LAYOUT!
I can say with utmost certainty I will be using this sketch again.

3 comments:

KariAnnS said...

Your take on the sketch turned out awesome!

mustangkayla said...

Aww...your to sweet Kelly! Fantastic layouts! Wasn't trying something new kinda fun?

~jan said...

Totally agree with everything you said about Kayla! Love your layouts-way to be brave!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails