Monday, July 5, 2010

Spice of Life

Variety is the spice of life and with that in mind I am trying to branch out with my scrapbook layouts. I have marveled at the likes of Jenney, KariAnn, and now Jan's 8.5x11 layouts. Last week, I crawled out of my comfort zone and scrapped a few 8.5x11 layouts. It is different; however, I think in time I will grow to enjoy it (especially for lone one photo layouts!).

Lots of October Afternoon used on this one and my favorite Doodlebug Alphas! Look at Hudson's sweet face:)

I used American Crafts, October Afternoon, and again Doodlebug Alphas. Journaling reads: Sweet summer days are made happy with bike rides, trips to the park, ice cream, T-ball, and pool fun! This is Parker last summer.


This layout is Hodge podge of products...Scenic Route (sniff sniff), Making Memories, Thickers, October Afternoon, and some unknown brads. Journaling reads: You are a great big bro to Hudson...holding him, singing to him, & tickling him. I think he adores you, too!

6 comments:

Melonie said...

LOVE these! Your boys are absolutely adorable:) I scrap 8.5 x11 because I can put all of my creations into page protectors and binders and it takes up far less room than the 12x12. It takes some time to get used to but I switched over a couple of years back and love this size now. Hope you had a great weekend.

Lelia said...

Jenney converted me, too! It's so much easier for one photo pages! And I ditto your Scenic Route "sniff, sniff".

Great pages, btw! I might have to scraplift!

mustangkayla said...

Adorable layouts! Liking your idea on 8 1/2x11 for one photo layouts!

KariAnnS said...

I really do love the 8 1/2 x 11 format. Especially with one photos. Thanks for the shout out

~jan said...

Look at you getting your 8 1/2 X 11 groove on! :) These are terrific! Thanks for the mention, Im honored.

jenney said...

Awesome job with the 8.5x11! It's a great way to get your creative juices flowing. =)

Thanks for the shout out. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails