Saturday, November 29, 2008

This and That

We hope all of you had a Blessed Thanksgiving. Our Thanksgiving was a tad bit "abnormal" this year. Eric was scheduled to work the two nights prior and Thanksgiving night (6p-6a). My mom was gracious and offered to host Thanksgiving dinner the Sunday before in an effort to include Eric as well. Our dinner was great, the kids had fun playing with Ashton and Breydan, and overall it was a wonderful "early" holiday. The little guy was sick, but he got loads of extra cuddles from all which seemed to help:)

Thanksgiving morning the boys and I enjoyed a nice breakfast and sat down to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I absolutely LOVE watching this parade every year. Now I am able to share this tradition with my boys and it brings much delight to the holiday season. Later that day Mammy, Mark, Jerry, and my grandparents arrived for a rather non-traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We made chicken fajitas! Parker has insisted that Thanksgiving is "Chicken Day" after seeing a little turkey on the calender to mark the day LOL. With "Chicken Day" in mind we opted to make a dinner that included chicken. They turned out oh so yummy and Eric was able to indulge as well before leaving for his shift.

The next morning Leslie and I headed out shopping for "Black Friday". We had a blast, scored tons of great deals, and enjoyed a nice lunch at Olive Garden sans kiddos! Thanks for a day of great fun, Leslie:)

With Christmas (and Garrett's 3rd birthday!) quickly approaching I have not had much time for "personal" scrapping. Nonetheless, I have been getting crafty! After much debate we (okay, Mommy) decided on an Ice Cream theme for Garrett's birthday bash. I made the invitations myself...check out the hand cut (and paper pieced) ice cream cones I created!

At the end of the school year last year I made Parker's teacher, Miss Barb, a nice set of assorted cards as a way to say "Thanks". She loved them! She was amazed that I found the time to make such a heartfelt gift (Ryder was a mere 3 weeks old), I was recovering from a c-section, and if you recall we were also having that dreadful bout with pink eye. She nearly attacked me when I dropped Parker off for his first day of school this year and "requested" (aka offering me money) for additional sets of cards. So...I have made little sets of cards for all of the teachers at Kersten Korner's this Holiday Season. Here are a couple of sets...


I have a few other "Scrappy" gifts up my sleeve as well, but I cannot share as some recipients are readers of my blog (wink wink)!

I am hoping to attempt Christmas card pictures tomorrow (Lord, please help us!). I will leave you with last year's "winning" picture...


Message Read...Hope your Christmas is as CRAZY as ours!!!!

A couple of outtakes as well...



We have added one more kid to the mix this year...this could get interesting! Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Sara said...

Love the cards! I hope your Christmas shoot goes better than mine did! Good luck!

Leslie, Craig, Ashton and Breydan said...

Would love to make it a tradition. anything to do with shopping and i am in!!! Again thanks for such a great day!!! Had a blast!!

Jenney said...

Super cute cards!!!

Hope the photoshoot went well. =)

bLd said...

beautiful:X

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails